Small Group Curriculum Menu
Picking curriculum for your small group can be tough. There is a lot of great material out there, but here are my current favorite titles and websites that offer some fantastic options (in no particular order). If you have your own recommendations, please be sure to comment! Many of these titles are in our library and at our bookstore so check with us first. Our bookstore offers a 15% discount if purchasing for a small group study! If ordering, feel free to contact me. I have a number of different sources that I use to find the best deal.
1. The Bible – There is nothing more catalytic for one’s spiritual growth than the Word of God! There is no greater gift we can give our small group than the encouragement and tools they need to regularly engage God in His Word. Pick a book and dive in. There are tons of study guides out there. Willow Creek’s New Community Bible Study Series is one to try. Our new bookstore will carry some great study guides including some of Willow Creek’s New Community Series. We also have these study guides in our library.
2. Northpoint Resources (Andy Stanley)
-Andy Stanley is a favorite around Oakbrook. The above link takes you to Northpoint’s store of online small group curriculum. Our library and bookstore have several titles from Northpoint so check with us prior to ordering.
3. NOOMA FILMS – Short films by Rob Bell (Mars Hill Church, Grand Rapids MI). Each NOOMA touches on issues that we care about, that we want to talk about, and it comes in a way that fits our world. We have several NOOMA videos in our library to borrow and at the bookstore to purchase.
Visit the website: www.nooma.com
4. Crazy Love – I think that every follower of Christ should read this book by Francis Chan. Are we really in love with Jesus and living it out? This book will shake you from head to toe! DVD curriculum available in our library. Book available at our bookstore.
Visit the book’s website: www.crazylovebook.com
5. Any book by Rob Bell (speaker in the NOOMA video series). These books do not come with study guides but the books themselves will produce great conversation. Check out the following titles:
Velvet Elvis: Repainting the Christian Faith Available at our bookstore
Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections Between Sexuality & Spirituality. Available at our bookstore.
6. Small Group Videos by Bluefish TV. Lots of great dvd small group material to pick from including speakers like Erwin McManus, Les & Leslie Parrot, & Margaret Feinberg.
7. Looking for a Marriage study….
Love & Respect (book & study guide) Available at bookstore
The 5 Love Languages (book & study guide) Available at our bookstore
Sacred Marriage ( 6-session dvd + participant guide. Book is optional.)
8. For Women…
The Organic God (dvd driven study with book & study guide option. We have the dvd curriculum in our library)
Captivating (book & study guide option) Available at our bookstore
9. For Men…
Wild at Heart (available at our bookstore)
9. Emotionally Healthy Spirituality: You can’t be spiritually mature while remaining emotionally immature.
Emotionally Healthy Spirituality (book & study guide)
10. Forgotten God – Francis Chan’s follow-up to Crazy Love. A powerful read about our tragic neglect of the Holy Spirit.
book’s website (7 session dvd curriculum. Book & study guide options) Book available at our bookstore / dvd in our library
11. Experiencing God. Get the workbook not the book.
12. RightNow Leadership
Amazing dvd series featuring talks by Francis Chan, Mark Batterson, George Barna, Matt Chandler that was put together for leaders but will speak to all believers that want to grow. Kit comes with workbooks to facilitate conversation and is available in our library. www.rightnow.org